Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Best Weekend Ever!

Trip to Denver in one word: AWESOME! :)

Basically Lesley and I shopped, ate gluten free meals, went to some amazing resturants, hung out with her family and oh yeah... went Snow Shoeing up in Rocky Mountain Nation park!
Lesley introduced me to some delicious gluten free treats. 1 being her homemade chocolate chip scones, which are porbably the best scones I've ever had. Also this Chai drink by Bolthouse farms, Im offically hooked. So much so that I went to the store last night to get a big honkin jug of it.

A few months ago I hooked Lesley on this amazing game called ImaginIff... While we were out shopping one day Lesley found her own on sale for just $6! So naturally we had to play. Shane, Lesley's boyfriend, was a compliant participant and I think we won him over to the darkside. And I'm not a psychic or anything but I have a hunch that Shane will be playing it again. :)

The much awaited part of the trip was our adventure up to Rocky Mountain Nation Park to go snow shoeing. Let me just tell you, snow shoeing is now probably one of my favorite snow activities right up there with a snowangel and a good snowball fight! :) In all seriousness, this was the best, a must when visiting the montains in the winter.

We started our hike at Bear Lake at about 10,000 ft. From there we hiked, for what seemed like forever, up (seriously UP) a steep climb to the next lake. The next lake was Nimph Lake.


At Nimph Lake we caught our first glimsp of Hallett Peak. I decided to keep my camera out and I proceeded to take the most pictures in 3 hours than I have ever taken before! Dont laugh... I think I took about 300 pictures. If you know my mother, you know I couldnt help it... its in my blood. And Shane, no laughing for you either! All those pics I took while walking turned out Amazing!


From Nimph Lake we hiked up to Dream Lake. Which was sooo beautiful. We were gradually getting closer and closer to Hallett, it was at this point that you could see the Dragon's Tooth. We crossed this lake (the lakes are shallow and almost completely frozen through) and proceeded up the path to Emerald Lake our destination.


We reached Emerald stood and looked in wonder and amazment at God's glory, tooks some pics (of course) and headed back down the mountain, off trail for a bit, which was tons of fun! No worries I fell on my butt a few times. :)



As we headed back down by a different trail I continued to look around a see God's glory, I wonder how people can see these things and not believe in God, or even believe that there is a God. It baffles me... His work is all around us, I didnt need a trip to the mountains to realize that, but it definitely reminded me. He is so amazing and we are so small, yet He loves us with a love that knows no bounds. The mountains glory and splender cannot even match His. It makes my heart quicken just thinking about it. And yet He tells us "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move." Matthew 17:20. Your faith can move mountains! And maybe the Mountain isnt an actual land mass, but a firuative one. Maybe it is an obsticle or a decision or a person. That mountain in your life no matter how big or small if commanded by a Holy God. He can move that mountain. The key of that verse is that it is the faith that you have in God that moves the mountain not you and not your will, but faith, simple and beautiful faith.


Thank you Lesley for a great weekend. Thank your mom and Jon for letting me crash in yalls house again for me. Brian, you are an awesome guide and friend! So glad we were able to hangout with you. Thanks for putting up with my weak lungs and making sure I wouldnt faint in the altitude.

Im so sad the weekend had to end, but I cant wait til I get to go back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment